Cost Controller job at WASCO ISOAF Tz
WASCO ISOAF Tz
Deadline of this Job:
24 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 10, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WASCO ISOAF Tz is a Tanzania -incorporated company with its head office in Dar es Salaam and its plant in Nzega District, Tabora Region. The Company has been contracted by the East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project as a Thermal Insulation Contractor.
Position: Cost Controller
Accountability: Project Chief Finance Officer
Cost Controller is responsible for controlling the project costs; this includes planning, developing, controlling, and forecasting the project’s budget. Evaluating project and conducting project cost/benefit analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work in conjunction with all department heads to ensure maximum cost saving practices.
• Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections
• Assess all incoming products, resources, and services to ensure the best price.
• Maintain vendor and service provider relationships.
• Remain acutely aware of market trends that could impact resource costs.
• Keep up to date on new vendors and possible cost-cutting partnerships.
• Analyze Invoices to ensure correct products/services were received at the expected/market/reason- able cost.
• Collaborate with department heads to strategize ways to minimize cost.
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency of cost drivers.
• Understand the entire arc of the business and how productivity impacts profitability.
• Commit to maximizing efficiency at all levels without compromising quality.
• Develop and implement proactive solutions and cost-cutting measures.
• Present new strategies and assessments to stakeholders in a compelling fashion.
• Roll out clear cost-saving programs with timelines and assessment goals.
Cost Controller Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or relevant field strongly preferred
• Minimum 4 years’ experience working in cost control
• Management experience strongly preferred.
• Exceptionally well organized with an aptitude for data
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
• Solid networking and Interpersonal skills
• Able to generate budgets and reports
• Strong presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately
• Able to develop strong, cooperative relationships with department heads
• Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24th March 2023
Please note that, should you not be contacted for more than two weeks after the deadline, consider your application unsuccessful