ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Coordinator 2 – Drilling & Coreshed Data
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Lease & Core Area
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role exists to provide administrative and data support to the resourcing and execution team by carrying out tasks assigned to ensure safe and efficient work processes, mainly collection of all drilling data for Reverse Circulation drilling (RC) and Diamond drilling (DD) for reporting and invoicing.
- Minimum Diploma or Degree in Geology / Mining Engineering / Mineral Processing from a recognized institution.
- 3 to 5 years in exploration or mining preferably in data processing.
- Demonstrable computer experience particularly on GIS, Excel, Word, SAP, Document Control, DocuSign, Database, and report writing
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Comply with all HSE rules, processes, and requirements.
- Perform data entry for Geotech data, SG data and Drilling data into the exploration database
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly drilling reports
- Process documents onto the DocuSign system for digital approvals.
- Create purchase requisitions (PR) and service entry sheets (SES) for contractors.
- Act as the departmental document control coordinator.
- Update daily coreshed KPIs on PIPware system
- Update PR tracking sheet.
- Raising Reservations as required
- Perform GIS activities for exploration
- Compile drilling and coreshed data as per supervisor’s instructions.
- Enter drilling plods into the connected mine database
- Conduct reconciliation of drilling data from drilling supervisors and from DDR on weekly and monthly basis.
- Physical fitness
- Good at written and spoken English and Swahili languages
- Possession of Tanzania driving license is an added advantage
- Drilling and down holes survey techniques (Gyro) is an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY‘ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Coordinator 2 – Drilling & Coreshed Data”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 9th May 2022 at 5:30 PM
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at http://www.tip-offs.com