Coordinator 1 – Environment at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Coordinator 1 – Environment
Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Friday, April 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About geita gold mining ltd
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of the role is to coordinate all environmental related tasks within the Heavy Mining Equipment and Light Mobile Equipment workshops to ensure compliance to environmental requirements/aspects as per GGM standards
A minimum Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE).
Trade Certificate Level Three, Diploma or FTC in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering.
GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
A minimum of 5years’ experience in Mining industry with sound knowledge in Environmental Management, experienced in Maintenance of Mobile Equipment preferably Heavy Mining Equipment’s
Main or key accountabilities:
• Prepare inspection & communication schedules and inspection checklist within in collaboration with GGM environment team.
• Ensure all tasks are performed safely according to GGM Safety Standards procedures.
• Conduct both planned and unplanned environmental inspection within the HME areas of work.
• Enforce compliance against legal requirements, GGM procedures (procedure for management of hazardous materials and waste management strategy) and AGA environmental standards.
• Prepare action plans to address inspection/audit findings in HME and follow up for implementation of the recommended actions.
• Work with GGM safety specialist to coordinate environmental related inspection prior to internal or external audit.
• Monitor and maintain the 5s principles at our scrap yards and salvage yard.
• Promptly report all environmental related incidents.
• Provide Technical advice on the best option /practice for sound environmental management at HME areas.
• Monitor waste segregation in the HME and LME areas to keep them tidy.
• Work closely with HSE Reps to ensure that HME and LME areas are compatible to ISO 14001(2015) and ISO 45001(2018)
• Implement hydrocarbon spill prevention plan by ensuring cleanness of workshops, oil separators, ponds, trenches, and supervising scrap metal removal process
• Ensure hydrocarbon spill is prevented.
• Insist pre-start of vehicles, signage’s, and demarcation of hydrocarbon materials.
• Coordinate slashing of glasses in the area surrounding workshops.
• Must be able to operate a variety of mobile equipment such as loaders, forklifts, Tele-handlers, boom truck etc.
• Honest and open minded.
• Must have good written and oral communications skills in English language
• Must be able to work with the Team members and shows Leadership skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Fleet Management System Technician’’
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com