Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 06 2023
Within Tanzania , Liwale, East Africa
Date Posted:Thursday, April 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
• Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Building or Construction Management.
• Essential 2 years of previous experience in similar jobs
• Computer literacy
• Ability to use AutoCAD or ArchiCAD
• Good knowledge of construction materials
• English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the daily building and rehabilitation activities in the project, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient running of the project.
• Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the building and rehabilitation activities in the project ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes the following tasks:
• Analyzing, according to customer requirements and MSF programs, the needs for construction/rehabilitation works and reporting to the line manager accordingly, in order to provide the necessary information to find an appropriate and efficient solution, including planning of (financial, technical, material and human) resources that meet the mission needs
• Supervising and following up through regular visits the work of construction and/or rehabilitation in progress, in order to ensure deadlines, budget and technical specifications and to early detect potential deviations
• Negotiating agreements and permissions for construction/ rehabilitation projects, establishing regular contacts with local authorities, in order to ensure all required documentation is filled upon and to avoid delays
• Organizing and supervising call for tenders (architect office, company tendering) activities in order to ensure the best technical and financial conditions
• Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the drivers and mechanics in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
• Supervising and leading the logistic team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule; organising and leading team meetings
• Providing weekly/monthly activities reports and implementing reporting practices and protocols in order to ensure that all documentation is in order
• Performing delegated tasks according to him/ her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
• Supervising and following up the work of construction and/or rehabilitation activities at the 7 health facilities in Liwale Project (Liwale District Hospital, Mpengere Health Centre, Kibutuka Health Centre, Lilombe Dispensary, Mlembwe Dispensary, Barikiwa Dispensary and Kimambi Dispensary, in order to ensure deadlines, budget and technical specifications and to early detect potential deviations.
• Supervising and following up the work of construction and/or rehabilitation activities at the Office premises, Guests House and Workshop/Warehouse.
• Supporting the WASH/WATSAN Manager in the supervision of watsan construction/rehabilitation activities at the 7 health facilities in the project.
• Supporting the Construction Manager/LTL in producing Architectural/Structural Drawings.
• Supporting the Construction Manager/LTL in producing Bills of Quantities
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR”
• Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org . The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District, or MSF Office – Liwale
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED