Job Reporting To: Portfolio Manager, Construction Projects
Department: Project management
Location: CRDB Bank PLC HQ
A Project Management Consultant will have overall responsibility to ensure all of the company’s construction projects meet and maintain construction set standards. He/She will carry out inspection and keep detailed records as evidence that construction work of the highest possible standards and quality were met.
Responsibilities And Accountability
- Meet with business stakeholders and other stakeholders to understand their needs (Quality and Standards of construction projects).
- Develop and custodian of the construction quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Implement the construction quality management plan and supervise the performance of the contractors to deliver the required standards.
- Ensure that all designs meet the customer’s needs while adhering to designated standards.
- Proactively identify constructability issues when inspecting construction projects, propose solutions, and take corrective actions.
- Matching materials specifications between BOQ and delivered standards by the contractor.
- Coordinate and supervise construction activities required to meet the quality standards.
- Conduct site inspections, take measurements and recommends any changes or additional to maintain the required standards.
- Ensure that all construction projects are delivered on time, with scope without compromising the quality and standards required.
- Conduct inventory audit and or measurement of the delivered works.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in respect to project quality.
- Monitor and inspect construction activities and advise the bank on quality control and quality assurance issues, such as non-compliance with standards or potential problems.
- Respond in a timely manner to address and resolve stakeholders concerns related to inspection and verification activities.
- Coordinates and executes all activities related to site inspections in a timely manner that allows for high efficiency without sacrificing stakeholders’ satisfaction by efficiently prioritizing and managing assignments to completion.
- Evaluates Contractor capabilities to provide required quality and maintain schedule.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge to the completion of significant quality assignments.
- Analyses, evaluates and plans methods of quality management approach, as well as organizes means to achieve solution of complex technical problems.
- Technically supervises quality projects or major phases of significant quality projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support team in the performance of assigned project.
- Serve as bank representative during construction and closeout activities.
- Provide feedback on issues related to Quality Assurance and Control Measures, certification of work in place, and overall utilization and impacts.
- During check scales, immediately communicate any log quality issues identified to the relevant stakeholders such Project managers, line manager and other key stakeholders.
- Manage the relationship between the bank and contractors as well as consultant team.
- Conduct quality verification of project materials, on-going construction activities as well as testing of materials/system being delivered and or installed at the site.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Monitor and report to relevance committees, line manager or/and higher-level management, including progress report, risks, issues, dependencies etc in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, Quantity Surveyors etc to determine the specifications of the project.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control.
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor the quality.
- Ensure completion of and track all independent testing and inspections as required for all services (air-conditioning, network, electrical, security and all other systems).
- Ensure the completion of all snags and defects during the project life cycle reflect to the required standards.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to business units, construction project teams and the staff under his/her supervision in achieving their individual, unit and Bank wide performance goals.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Degree/master’s degree from any recognized University
- Project Management Professionals/Certification
- Minimum 5 years of experience related to Project Management or successful delivery of construction projects.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures, materials and project management principles
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate technical ideas to all audiences.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Project Office, presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- Ability to act as a project “driver” and drive implementation of key initiatives.
- Ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual work.
- Ability to work in a team
Deadline 10th Sept 2023
Closing Date : 10th September, 2023.