Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by the Government of Tanzania to inspire and equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done through the provision of high-quality executive education programmes, facilitation of policy dialogues, actionoriented research, and technical assistance for public institutions.
The Institute is seeking to fill the Communications Manager (CM) position. Reporting to the CEO, the CM will be responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating the Institute’s communication strategy that supports the implementation of our Strategic Plan. The CM will lead the knowledgesharing initiatives and increase Institute’s visibility across the World.
Duties and responsibilities
Manage the Communications Unit
• Develop, implement and update the communications strategy and plans in support of the Institute’s Strategic Plan as needed.
• Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the Communications Unit, including assessing workloads, preparing and monitoring budgets, and detecting areas for improvement.
• Report the Unit’s activities in line with the Institute’s reporting process.
• Manage personnel under the Unit.
Customers’ and Stakeholders’ Communications
• Review copy of reports, briefs, proposals, press releases etc., for external dissemination and publication to ensure that the information intended is well communicated to the intended audience.
• Assist the CEO with matters of communication such as public relations, presenting information to stakeholders, and media relations.
• Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders of the Institute.
• Contribute to the database of contacts and the Institute’s mailing list.
• Assure consistent communication of the Institute’s desired image and position to internal and external audiences.
• Oversee content development and management of the Institute’s website, blog, social media platforms, YouTube channels and television programmes to promote the work of the Institute.
• Create and execute strategies for high-level events to enhance the Institute’s thought leadership, and communicate the Institute’s products and services among the targeted audience.
• Provide strategic leadership in developing result-based communication to ensure positive and productive relationships with key stakeholders.
• Support and encourage networks for knowledge sharing and information dissemination.
• Research, evaluate and share information related to the Institute’s themes and programmes.
• Support the development of communication guidelines for internal and external communication.
Media and Public Relations
• Implement diverse public relations strategies to attract target audiences.
• Publicise and promote the Institute’s value proposition to reach target audiences.
• Build productive media relations with local and regional media houses.
• Oversee the production of digital media content by organising complex source materials into coherent and understandable multimedia pieces.
• Proficient Writer – Ability to tailor and deliver impactful communications messages.
• Relationship Management – Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships and collaboration.
• Creative Skills – Ability to communicate complex data and information in a simple language.
• Networking Skills – Ability to interact with senior government officials, former and current leaders of countries, and international consultants; must project a professional image, be sensitive to potential issues, and always be discrete.
• Results-based Management – ability to link the implementation of plans to achieve results.
• Communication Skills – Ability to communicate intentions and requirements effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
• Advisory Skills – Superior technical knowledge to facilitate advisory services.
• Leadership–Ability to persuade others to follow.
• People Management–Ability to optimize talent and maximize productivity.
• Team Management–Ability to create a common vision and a well-functioning team.
• Applicant must be in public service (government ministries, agencies, and departments).
• Master’s degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Business
• Communication, or equivalent qualification from recognized institutions.
• Eight (8) years of relevant experience; should be at the rank of at least senior officer.
• Fluency in English and Swahili.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application, comprising of the following:
• A brief statement on the related or similar work as above.
• Detailed curriculum vitae with contact details for three referees.
• Copies of certificates.
The above is to be submitted to the below address:
Chief Executive Officer
Plot no. 100, Magogoni street, Kivukoni
P.O. Box 105753, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OR through email email@example.com, with the subject line “COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER”.
Deadline for Receiving Applications: 20 January 2023.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to promote a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.