Clerk 2 – Planning
Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
09 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Geita , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Clerk 2 – Planning
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Re Reporting to: Senior Planner – Maintenance
Number of Positions: One (1)
Purpose of the role:
To assist Work Management Planners/ Schedulers in planning and scheduling of work orders before required date. Raise notifications, purchase requisitions, reservations, and service entry sheet. Work order printing, distribution, SAP confirmation/ CNF, filling, and reports generation.
• Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
• Two years working experience in a similar role or related work.
Main or key accountabilities:
• Develop, implement, and maintain a proper filling system for planning records
• Print and allocate all planned work orders and associated work packages for the following week.
• Collect on daily all completed work orders and work orders and work package from the respective Senior Supervisors for review by respective planners.
• Raise work orders for all defects that have identified through inspections or returned work orders/ work packages.
• Raise work orders, purchase requisitions or reservations for all GDNs (Good Delivery Note/ Manual Requisitions) drawn from warehouses during off days operation.
• Creation of Service Entry Sheet – SES
• File completed work orders and associated work packaged work packages for future
• Assist to update SAP measuring point – collection of running hours per equipment and update SAP measuring point for maintenance plans to generate PM work orders
• Use manual work request of all break down (urgent) works to generate SAP notifications and raise purchase requisitions or reservations
• Generation and distribution of various reports
• Ability to use CMMS e.g., SAP
• Must possess strong computer skills
• Good communication skills both in English and Swahili
• Possess interpersonal skills to get the job done on time without compromising safety and quality
• Sound knowledge on health, safety and environment issues.
Mode of application:
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Clerk 2 – Planning’’
• If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
• Applications should reach the above on or before 09th February 2023 at 5:30 Pm
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.