Bulyanhulu / Barrick
Deadline of this Job:
16 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Kahama , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Bulyanhulu Team is seeking to recruit a Civil Engineer to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute on a practical note to ensure activities in the Social and Environment Department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
• Ensure that capital projects are implemented as planned and designed in accordance with the strategic plan, master plan and design standards.
• Provide day to day oversight of all physical and capital planning activities Advise on maintenance/repair alternatives and methods including necessary drawings, technical specifications, bills of quantities (BOQ) and cost estimates.
• To design, supervise and coordinate all building works for roads, bridges and building in Bulyanhulu in areas.
• To inspect construction of roads, buildings, culverts and bridges and gives detailed reports.
• To follow up implementations of laws and principal that governs buildings and roads construction.
• Preparing and implement project plans.
• To conduct site inspection and prepare site progress reports.
• Perform any other duties assign by his/her supervisor.
• Holder of bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from a recognized Institution and
• Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board (ERB).
Skills / knowledge requirements:
• Strong analytical and critical skills with high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
• Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
• Excellent time management skills and meet project deadline.
Experience and competencies needed:
• Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a Civil Engineer role within the road construction industry
• Knowledge of dealing with culturally diverse groups and skilled in utilizing appropriate means to communicate effectively.
• Knowledge of mentoring employees from diverse backgrounds