Child Protection Officer (Cpo)
Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA)
Deadline of this Job:
04 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Child Protection Officer (CPO) will form part of SEGA Team and will report to both the Headmistress and SEGA Director. The CPO will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of SEGA’s Child Protection Policy, supporting the protection and rights of all SEGA beneficiaries (children). The CPO ensures that the policy is well-understood and implemented by SEGA staff, partners and stakeholders at all levels and through all SEGA activities. Responsibilities include conducting trainings to SEGA staff and children, orienting staff to and maintaining processes of reporting, conducting regular field visits to programs, and collaborating with local government authorities as appropriate.
• Bachelor Degree or Masters in child protection, law, social work, community development or relevant field
• Significant professional experience of at least 3 years, including experience working in school projects for Local NGO’s or International NGOs
• Excellent understanding of the child protection sector, intersection of child protection with other thematic areas
• Strong commitment to capacity building of children and staffs.
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Fluency in English, verbal and written
• Commitment to SEGA values, including child rights and gender equity, and willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
NB: For all the positions, SEGA is looking for a person who is willing and ready to start immediately in January 2023. Females are highly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants may get detailed Job Description through the following website www.sega.or.tz Please send only a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by Wednesday 4th of January 2023.