Chief internal auditor
National Health Insurance Fund – NHIF
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, April 23 2023
Within Tanzania , Kasulu, East Africa
Date Posted:Sunday, April 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To oversee Financial performance internal audit and provide assurance to both Board of Directors and Management on soundness and adequacy of internal controls and governance structure.
Duties and responsibilities
• To prepare Annual Internal Audit Plan and supervises its execution;
• To manage and appraise progressively the soundness, adequacy and application of the internal control systems;
• To advise the Audit Committee and Director General on all matters pertaining to internal controls, proper management of assets and the level of compliance with financial and other regulations of the Fund;
• To supervise operational/value for money audits;
• To ascertain the reliability of management data developed within the NHIF as well as the extent of compliance with the Fund policies, plans, procedures and other directives;
• To liaise with external auditors for timely completion of accounts and management reports;
• To carry out special investigation as may be directed by Director General, Board’s Committee for Audit and Risk Management or Board of Directors;
• To manage and monitor risks to which the Directorate is exposed;
• To conduct and advise the Director General accordingly on performance and Governance Audit;
• To prepare periodic reports of the unit; and
• To perform other duties which may be assigned by the Director General or Board Audit Committee from time to time.
Qualification and experience
Holder of Master Degree in one of the following fields: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration majoring in Accounting or Finance and a related Bachelor Degree from recognized Institution. The candidate must possess either CPA (T), ACCA, ACA, ICMA or any equivalent professional qualifications recognized by NBAA.
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree