Chief Internal Auditor at Kilimanjaro Native Cooperative Union (1984)
POSITION : CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR
Kilimanjaro Native Cooperative Union (1984) is a cooperative union registered under the cooperative societies Act of 1982 to produce and export Mild Arabica coffee from Kilimanjaro region in Tanzania. We serve small coffee producer members on the slopes of highest mountain in Africa, Kilimanjaro in the districts of Rombo, Moshi Rural, Hai and Siha
POSITION : CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the General Manager, the Internal Auditor is responsible for the internal auditing function, reviewing accounting, financial and other operational controls of the KNCU to ensure compliance with the KNCU policies and objectives, and the accuracy and implementation of internal control systems.
In addition, the Chief Internal Auditor will:-
- Review and evaluate the adequacy of KNCU internal control framework and develop recommendations for improvements and implementation of internal control systems;
- Review and evaluate the adequacy of KNCU risk management procedures and make strategic recommendations for improvement;
- Peform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable KNCUs policies, directives and regulations;
- Examine and inspect activity records, accounting systems and procedures relating to organizational assets to determine their efficiency and the degree of resource utilization and make relevant recommendations for improvement;
- Develop and schedule comprehensive audit programme of policies and procedures;
- Carry out risk based audits and performance audits for all KNCU areas of operations;
- Determine the extent of compliance with policies and procedures affecting financial operations and make appropriate recommendations;
- Maintain a dashboard of identified risks and ensuring monthly and quarterly reporting;
- Act as an objective source of insight, foresight and independent advice to management; and
- Adhere to the KNCU(1984)LTD audit charter.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Accountancy;
- Full professional qualification such as CIA, ACCA, CIMA and CPA;
- Master degree in Finance or Business Administration, and/or information systems will be an added advantage;
- Must be a member of professional bodies such as Institute of Internal Auditors (I I A);
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in relevant position as an auditor; and
- Applicants should be Tanzanian aged 35 years old and above.
COMPETENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated knowledge of approved principles, procedures and practices involving accounting and financial records;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of internal control systems
- Ability to execute audits;
- Demonstrated knowledge of audit procedures, planning, audit techniques, testing and sampling methods and tools used in conducting audits;
- Profeciency in spread sheet, database, presentation applications,computerized finance, accounting, auditing and record keeping systems;
- Ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of audit information ; and
- Able to make sound independent judgment and be innovative and creative.
Applicants should send application letter, CV, certified copies of birth, professional and academic certificates, name and contact address of three (3) referees either through:-
The General Manager,
Moshi – Tanzania, or
Email:- email@example.com or
KNCU(1984)LTD, General Manager – Office No. 2 and must be registared.
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.All costs will be covered by applicant
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 April 2023.