Job Opportunities Brief
Do you want to be part of an ambitious and robust team of a leading state-of-the-art optic fiber manufacturing and selling company in East and Central Africa? Are you looking for a challenging assignment where you will get the chance to create a long-lasting impact? Are you eager to accelerate your career as a Chief Commercial Officer, Sales & Marketing Manager, Supply Chain & Logistics Manager, and a Human Resources Officer in this Tanzanian tech company?
Well, this is Raddy Fiber Manufacturing (T) Ltd founded in 2015 as a fiber cable manufacturing company and is also a Specialist Electrical Contractor. Raddy can produce up to 24,000 kilometers of optic fiber per year and is expected to provide about 670 jobs making it the third largest in Africa and the first in East and Central Africa in the fiber manufacturing space. The products range covers the entire indoor fiber optic uses such as FTTh cables and accessories and outdoor uses such as ADSS cables, micro cables and armoured cable.
Position: Chief Commercial Officer (1 Post)
We are looking for a high-profile Chief Commercial Officer to shape the sales and marketing organization and scale revenue to the next level. The ideal candidate will be responsible for architecting and executing a sales and marketing strategy and building up a team of Sales & Marketing Manager, Account Managers, Account Executives and Sales Development Representatives across corporate, government parastatals and public market sales. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the ideal candidate is expected to scale up a pan-African business, selling into new markets in Africa and, strategizing next steps, liaising with direct and indirect partners including creating and managing a team of account managers.
- Leadership: A business leader and team player: not only able to define the optimal commercial strategy, but also able to implement it. Has solid people management skills through a visionary and lead by example style.
- Communication Skills: Strong communication skills are a must: interaction with team members and other departments such as finance, product development, regions and of
course clients are a must.
- Analytical and Conceptual Skills: Be able to quickly assess issues, develop alternative solutions and implement pragmatic strategies and tactics. Highly effective in translating ideas into actionable plans leading to results. Focusing on the big picture, as well as details. The incumbent needs to be data driven and will use data in his/her decision making.
- Client focus: Be able to relate to customer issues and to have a thorough insight in the decision-making process. Have a clear focus on customer experience and client satisfaction. Be analytical in understanding the working processes and structure of clients’ organizations. Be able to explain and educate about the value of optic fiber and its
impact on clients’ business setting.
- People Leader: Be able to motivate, develop and lead dynamic teams. Have a visionary and empathic leadership style, where people are allowed to take ownership. Have a transparent way of implementing strategy. Keep a focus on developing team members through learning and training. Create and sustain a positive work culture.
- Entrepreneurship: Have an entrepreneurial DNA: take ownership and show accountability. Able to think out of the box and work towards successful results in an ethical and sustainable manner.
Qualification and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant sales leadership experience at a senior level including management in a technology company and a track record of exceeding performance target, at preference in a segment of business linked to technology and innovation.
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices and have an ability to coach others on them.
- Be capable of understanding strategic challenges in this segment of business (optic fiber and accessories) and have a holistic view on sales, (digital) marketing, customer success and customer experience.
- Have worked in an international or regional context and have experience in international or regional development and expansion. Extensive experience in developing, implementing, and managing strategic sales plans and rapid growth strategies.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customers at all levels of organizations. Experience in both the public and private sector. Experience with both direct and indirect distribution models.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in technical sales proposal/tender writing. • Master’s degree in relevant field of study (Business, Economics, IT & Engineering, Marketing).
- Excellent in English and Kiswahili.
- Willingness to travel, though limited.
If you believe that you qualify in any of the above position and is ready to join a winning team that enhances personal professional growth, please send your current CV affixed with a current passport size picture attaching copies of relevant transcripts and certificates emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 21, 2023.
Raddy Fiber Manufacturing (T) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted