Cash Officer – Stone Town Branch, Zanzibar
Kcb Bank Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB TITLE: Cash Officer – Stone Town Branch, Zanzibar
Develop new and grow business banking propositions for small and medium enterprises.
• Manage counter services to ensure efficient service is delivered to customers.
• Manage ATMs to ensure that they are operational at all times and replenished with new/serviceable notes.
• Maintain custodian cash in the branch and the strong rooms
• To ensure that cash holding limits are maintained both in reserve and with the cashier’s tills.
• To authorize cash payments and withdrawals above the Section Heads’/cashiers’ limits.
• To monitor and provide adequate currency notes to cashiers for counter service.
• To ensure that cash held is adequately insured at all times.
• Control and supervise the confirmation and sealing of cash deposited by cashiers into reserve.
• Control and maintain reserve cash within approved limits for the branch.
• Collect or receive excess foreign currency from cashiers for lodgement.
• Supervise confirmation and packing of foreign currency for repatriation.
• Respond to cash related customers’ correspondence.
• Ensure that customers’ cash requisitions are prepared promptly.
• Ensure that customers’ cash vouchers together with relevant cash summaries are ticked for validation purposes.
• Take stock of cash in the safe and ensure that soiled notes and excess local or foreign currency in reserve are repatriated.
• Make follow up on any cash related suspense entries.
• Lodge cash in the strong room whenever necessary.
• Reserve cash register.
• Foreign currency register
• Cross entries.
• Lodge cashiers tills in the safe at end of day.
• Ensure that cashiers balance their cash against cash analysis reports on daily basis
• Ensure preparation of the overall cash summary on daily basis.
• Bachelor Degree from any recognized institution
• Professional Qualifications (CPB, CPA, ACCA) is Essential
• Master’s Degree in Business studies is an added advantage
• Minimum four years of experience in Banking