Business Process Manager – IFS Technical Architect at survitec
Business Process Manager – IFS Technical Architect
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, April 11 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Tuesday, April 11 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Survitec are the world’s largest survival technology provider. For over 166 years, we have been protecting lives in the air, on land and at sea, through the design, manufacture, and servicing of Survival Technology.
Today, we are a global community of 3,000 professionals with presence in 96 countries partnering with our customers to provide innovative solutions that reduce risk and help keep you safe.
That’s why the world’s leading maritime, defence & government, energy and aerospace organisations trust us when it matters most and why we have been awarded the Gold Award by the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme
Your New Role
The Information Technology family defines, provides, maintains, optimises and expands the business solutions needed to support global operations, communications, data collection and management, decision making and management of customer relationships. It safeguards our business, customer, and personal data.
Reporting into the Head of ERP, this role supports the business by translating complex business requirements into detailed functional specifications to meet business and IT strategy. It uses approved methods to gather, validate and analyse data, identify issues and challenges to produce high quality solutions and proactive improvements in line with overall business and IT strategy.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Partners with Business Global Process Owners to sustain and grow processes within Survitec through the use of Technology. The key focus area is around ERP systems (IFS) and other supporting applications.
• Technical and process expert within IT for support, continuous improvement, and project related activities. Collaborates with other Business Process team members, both functional and technical, to support the full IT lifecycle.
• Translates functional requirements and issues into technical terms to provide solutions
• Identifies, elicits, and documents project and process requirements using appropriate modelling technique; analyses requirements, validating effectively with users and other information sources to clarify and eliminate confusion. Defines the testing scripts and verification criteria to ensure requirements are met. Maintains documentation and traceability throughout process improvement and automation cycle
• Uses data from a wide range of sources to analyse key themes and identify possible impacts on the business
• Contributes to the creation of an overall knowledge bank of business processes, standards, and owners; carries out effective stakeholder engagement to ensure appropriate approvals and implementation routes and ensuring the integrity of data within the knowledge bank
• Documents complex “as is” and “to be” processes; accurately describes the changes required to migrate to the “to be” capability to support effective implementation planning and sustainment of improvement
• Collects business requirements using a variety of methods such as interviews, document analysis, workshops and workflow analyses to express business requirements in terms of target user roles, goals and target improvements.
• Contributes to and supports the production of feasibility studies from a technological and organisational perspective (systems, data and people) and documents findings accurately to support decision making and prioritisation.
• Explores and develops understanding of external developments or emerging issues and contributes to the evaluation of their potential impact on, or usefulness to, Survitec.
• Interprets business needs to identify appropriate solution recommendations to business problems, working comfortably at functional, regional, or business unit level
• Develops existing applications and contributes to development of new applications, by analysing and identifying areas for modification and improvement. Develops new routine applications to meet customer requirements
• Creates and maintains technical and user documentation to a high standard and backs up files to ensure instant recovery if problems occur
• Supports a culture of innovation by contributing to solutions that boost creativity, innovation and collaboration (such as idea generation platforms, jam sessions and hackathons)
• You will have the opportunity to develop in your role and feel proud of the work you do. Working at Survitec is fast paced, challenging and incredibly rewarding. This is not just another job; this is your career.
The Experience, Qualifications and Skills You Will Have
• Educated to University degree level
• A minimum of 5 years directly working with and supporting IFS ERP Projects and Environments
• IFS Technical and Development Experience
• Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
• Experience identifying business challenges and proposing improvements
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Willing to travel as needed up to 25%
• Excellent communication skills across a global environment
• Up to 1 year of experience supervising or directing people and other resources to achieve business objectives might prove useful in this role
Nice to have:
• NovaCura Configuration and Development
• Microsoft Power BI
• Crystal Reports
Why You Should Work for Us
• Generous holiday allowance
• Hybrid Working Policy
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Pension Scheme depending on location
• Training & Professional Development Opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Workplace Reward & Recognition scheme
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click Apply Here
If you would like more information regarding this role before applying, please feel free to reach out to us via Linked In or via firstname.lastname@example.org.