North Mara Gold Mine Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Musoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Boilermaker to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate within our mining assets with our best people teams. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
• Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Perform task risk assessments (JHA, FLRA).
• Ensure the plant operates within acceptable limits and deviations reported.
• Adhere to isolation and lock out permits procedures.
• Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
• Performs high quality, planned and unplanned repairs of any mechanical equipment in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environment regulation.
• Maintaining a clean and environmental safe work area, apply 5S principle
• Attain and maintain relevant licenses and authorizations required to execute allocated duties e.g. Basic Rigging, Working at Heights, machine operation i.e. forklift.
• Fabricate and assemble metal structures and equipment with welders, cutters, shapers and measuring tools.
• Fabricate, weld and install chutes, boxes, pipes, reducers, bends and Y piece.
• Repair and maintain metal equipment and structures of various sizes.
• Read and interpret diagrams, sketches and blueprints to determine operations, required materials and time frames for projects.
• Apply best maintenance practice on repair of chutes, steel tanks, pipes and steel structures.
• Apply standard paint on new steel structure and any repair on steel works.
• Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
• Examine pressure vessels, tanks, chutes, pipes to locate defects such as leaks, weak spots, and defective sections so that they are repaired.
• Fabricate, fit, and assemble the structural components of various mechanical systems.
• Perform any task as instructed by report line supervisor.
• Perform basic mechanical fitting, rubber lining, scaffolding and rigging works as instructed by your supervisor.
• Clean equipment, using scrapers, wire brushes, and cleaning solvents to ensure equipment or work area remains clean and tidy.
• Clean, maintain, repair and rebuild mechanical parts, components and equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
• Conduct regular plant and steel structures inspections.
• Complete breakdown and preventive maintenance work orders on time, create subsequent notifications, and provide feedback on work performed
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies then organize with supervisor
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Responsible for shift handover at area of responsibility.
• Technical/ Vocational School, Apprenticeship training, on-the-job training (FTC, VETA, IMTT Trade Test or its Equivalent).
• Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice.
Experience and Competencies needed
• Minimum 5 years post apprenticeship experience working on Heavy Mobile Equipment in surface operations.
• Plant maintenance experience on Mills, crushers, conveyors, compressors, pumps, CIL tanks etc.
• Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment.
• Previous maintenance experience in industrialized plant is beneficial.
• Experience using multiple welding machines including the arc welder, TIG and MIG.
• Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools.
• Experience in open cast and Underground mining essential.
What We Can Offer You
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits
• The ability to make a difference and lasting impact
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
• Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization