Audit & Risk Officer at Jitegemee Holdings Company
Audit & Risk Officer
Jitegemee Holdings Company
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, April 13 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Thursday, April 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall, Purpose of the Job
To support the organization in a range of risk and assurance activities. To ensure that risks are identified and managed, providing assurance in the effectiveness of controls.
Main Areas of Responsibility
• Will be responsible for operational risk reporting across the Company, creating informative and accurate reports.
• Will be involved in delivering the Company Risk, Management Strategy and the development and updating of Risk Registers.
• To carry out risk and control assessments to ensure any issues are reported immediately and to recommend corrective actions.
• Working with the business to promote an embedded risk culture
• To monitor compliance with high-risk policies and procedures on a regular basis. Make recommendations for improvement.
• Monitor compliance across the business to ensure critical controls are in place and effective.
• To undertake regular assurance mapping exercises throughout the business.
• To engage the business in assurance activities and help people to develop working practices which are efficient and proportionate.
• To ensure the business is kept up to date with pending regulatory changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on our processes and strategies.
• To lead co-ordination of Internal Audits services.
• To help the organization learn from risk events throughout our operating environment
• To support operational teams in developing Business Continuity plans that are fit for purpose and ensure business resilience.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business-Related Studies
• At least one of the follows:
• Experience in Internal Audit
• Experience and/or relevant qualification in Risk management
• Experience and/or relevant qualification in Compliance
• Skilled MS Office PR actioner (demonstrating high level of knowledge in Excel).
• In depth knowledge of financial, operational, and compliance controls as well as accounting concepts and standards.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply a variety of audit practices including testing approaches, internal audit standards and best practices, risk-based auditing methodologies, and leading internal control frameworks.
• Understanding of risk frameworks and best practices of risk management.
• Have an attention to detail and being able to analyses and interpret data and present information in a clear and logical manner
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and being able to work effectively with a range of people
• Ability to keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Communication Skills: Ability to effectively and professionally communicate verbally and written with both internal and external customers.
• Organizational Skills: Ability to organize, priorities, multi-task, be flexible in approach, and assist multiple internal and external customers concurrently.
• Critical Thinking Skills: Ability to apply objectivity, critical thinking, creativity, and consideration of diverse perspective
• Adaptability Skills: Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Willingness and ability to travel occasionally to different locations as assigned.
• Accountability Skills: Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
• Decision Making Skills: Ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions and recommendations.
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send your CV and Application Letter to the following email address : email@example.com