Assistant Manager, HR Shared Services- Banking
Deadline of this Job:
15 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Lead HR Shared Services execution, including regulatory compliance, HR operations, disciplinary and grievance management, staff wellness management, employee engagement and overall employee data management. Provide team leadership in driving HR service excellence, team productivity, engagement and overall business performance.
• Manage the success of Human Resources operations strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
• Introduce new business/ accounts to the bank evidenced and coded under your DAO code
• Develop and implement an HR Shared Services strategy for business service delivery including staff inquiries/tickets resolution mechanisms to drive a uniform and overall great employee experience.
• Manage the annual review of the human resources policies to ensure the Bank maintains its competitive position in the market.
• Contribute to any required restructuring process by providing a framework for handling matters relating to human resources.
• Maintain good industrial relations practices and effective communication with all staff members and their recognized representatives with a view of enhancing understanding and minimizing down time.
• Monitor staff financial management – accounts and loans – to ensure this is in line with Bank policies and as defined under the code of ethics.
• Manage the workout of the ex-staff loans to ensure maximum recovery.
• Prevention of exposures to or impact of industrial relations disputes.
• Ensure staff wellness is key and annual strategies to strengthen it are executed to drive related ROI.
• Look after employee engagement survey and the resultant action planning in collaboration with HR Team and stakeholders.
Internal business processes
• Maintain full, accurate and up-to-date human resources records and statistics of all individual employees in compliance with company policy and regulation applicable in Tanzania.
• Manage all the HR audit processes.
• Collectively drive the HR Division’s adherence to approved policies and procedures and provide feedback on the same so as to keep them competitive.
• Be an advocate for a continually improving way of working within the team to drive efficient and impactful engagement and accurate delivery of service.
• Proactively participate in organization/HR specific projects.
• Subsequently deputize the Head of HR at ExCom level and be jointly accountable for operational effectiveness outcomes for the entire organization.
• Responsible for deputizing the Head of HR in the execution of all their roles as mandated by the Bank Governance structures and serve in delegated roles in select organization committees
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized accredited university.
• At least 5 years’ experience in HR, 1 of which should have been in a managerial capacity in a similar sized organization.
Desired work experience:
• Proven track record of consistently supporting the achievement of an organisation’s people strategy, with a market reputation of being a trusted advisor on matters pertaining to HR.
• In-depth knowledge of the local banking industry, banking products, banking services and banking regulations. Sound working knowledge and understanding of all labor regulations and practices
• All rounded HR practitioner who engages with stakeholders at the highest levels across the organization and industry, locally and within the region.
• Continuously gathers evidence to determine the value the organization is delivering today, and needs to deliver in the future, and puts in place and drives the necessary strategies and frameworks maintain and grow positive engagement.
• Contributes to policy development for the HR field within country / region.