Assistant Lecturer- Sign Language Communication Skills
Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE)
Deadline of this Job:
12 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a training post; hence, the staff is required to:
1. Undergo Masters Degree training programme;
2. Undergo an induction course in pedagogical skills for those who had none before;
3. Undergo mentorship under senior members, including attending lectures, seminars, tutorials, and practical training.
4. Conduct tutorials, seminars and practicals;
5. Assist in research, consultancy and outreach activities; and
6. Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Department.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Master of Education in Special Needs Education or Master of Special Needs Education or Master of Sign Language and Interpretation or Master in Sign Language Education or and Bachelor of Education in Special Needs Education or Bachelor of Special Needs Education and either Bachelor of Arts with Education from a recognized academic institution or any other relevant Bachelor’s Degree. The candidate should possess a GPA of at least 4.0 points at Master’s Level and a minimum GPA of 3.8 points (out of 5 points) at Bachelor’s Level and a minimum of B+ in Sign Language Communication subjects.