Assistant 1 – Evaluation
Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, April 05 2023
Within Tanzania , Geita, East Africa
Date Posted:Wednesday, April 05 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to conduct sampling and drilling activities related to DD and RC Drilling operations / activities in support of Evaluation Superintendent to archive the set targets.
• Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE).
• GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
• At least 2 year working experience in a Geology/Mining Environment
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Ensure a safe work environment by adhering to the minimum safety standards e.g. (PPE requirements such as gloves, Safety glasses etc., conducting TAKE 5, participating in Hazard Identification and reporting)
• Sample collection from field and submission to/from assay laboratories/MSPU as per standard operating procedures
• Crushing and pulverizing of barren materials for QAQC programs; sorting and storing of drilling and lab sample remnants (Pulp duplicate &Rejects)
• Preparation of routine sample submission and the corresponding submission sheets. Record submission details as per standard operating procedure.
• Ensure timely record Keeping into designated control sheets/books
• Conduct insertion of appropriate QC materials in all grade control, Resource development and Exploration assay sample submission as per standard operating procedure
• Sort and prepare samples for check assay, pulp resubmission, Bottle Roll, Multielement and PXRF Analysis as per SOP
• Retrieving DD hole from the core storage area (for historical holes only), cleaning and make them dry before commencing Geomet data collection
• Calibrate all the Geomet machines as per SOP before commencing Geomet data collection and keep the record
• Collect Geomet data as per SOP to archive the set targets
• Download Geomet data on completion of data collection. Document and ensure proper storage of both softcopy and hardcopy
Participation on other QAQC activities as deemed necessary
• Communication Skills
• Numeracy Skills
• Computer Knowledge (MS Word, Excel etc.)
• Strong results orientated and ability to consistently deliver on the plan.
• Safety conscious
• Capable of working under minimal supervision with a systematic logical approach
MODE OF APPLICATION:
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY button below.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Assistant 1 – Evaluation”
• If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Applications should reach the above on or before 5th April 2023 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.