Agi Company Site Representative (L3)
Deadline of this Job:
24 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are currently recruiting experienced AGI Company Site Representative (L3) on behalf of a major international Company
Location: Tanzania Onshore
Start Date: 01/04/2023
Duration: 01/04/2024 1 year (with possible extension)
Direct subordinates (number): up to 6 for construction phase. Staff managed (number): 40 to 50 directly managed for construction phase with EPcmC construction management resources integrated team.
Job Location: First 2-3 Months the position is initially based in Dar es Salaam then move to Site when activities start, with a rotation of 8×2 weeks.
Work scheme: Monday – Friday; 0800hrs– 1700hrs
MISSIONS / JOB DIMENSIONS
The East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) project is a major regional infrastructure project (Capex: 3.6 G$, OPEX :> 2.5G$ over 25 years) between Uganda and Tanzania coast, opening a new value corridor between the two countries. The EACOP project development comprises of the detailed engineering, construction, operation and maintenance of the corresponding facilities.
The Job Holder is responsible for
The preparatory works prior to construction activities for AGI construction for LOT 3 in Tanzania and subsequently for all AGI construction activities. It includes responsibility over:
• Finalization of AGI construction documentations – including implementation of the detail design MTO.
• Managing the construction activities for Tanzania Pump station 6 and Pressure Reduction stations 1 and 2 with up to 500 construction workers at peak of mobilization.
• Performing construction activities fully compliant with EACOP, IFC and countries HSE standards, business ethics, all within a zero accident safety culture approach
• Delivering the EACOP AGI facilities within approved project construction schedule, approved budget, and integrating Local Content requirements
• To support the Delivery Manager and the Package Manager to manage the AGI construction contracts; monitoring contractor’s achievement and Change Orders Requests related to construction activities.
• To control the construction package, quality, cost and progress in accordance with approved project requirements, budget and schedule.
• To promote cost reduction initiatives and strive to optimize costs and achieve value at every opportunity.
• To account for and manage / mitigate project risks.
• To mobilize, organize, lead and manage the AGI construction team for LOT3 ; interacting with a multi-disciplinary technical team efficiently and in a good working atmosphere and integrating as need be partners secondees
• To work with in full coordination with EPcm construction team ensuring best use of project resources and efficient implementation of Quality Surveillance teams
• On LOT3 to coordinate and interface with other Project development entities (Engineering, Operations, HSEQ, E&S team and Commercial & Legal groups).
• To ensure construction contractors implement the project National Content plan and E&S mitigations plan
• To report progress and provide input to weekly and monthly reports.
• To ensure the teams under job-holder’s responsibility are appropriately supervised and have received adequate instruction and training in order to carry out their role in a safe manner
• To Coordinate and interface with all project entities to ensure construction needs are accounted for in the design and procurement activities and that project early activities schedule coincide with construction plan.
• Act as Company Representative
• To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard H3SE and H3SE rules implementation
• To adopt and demonstrate exemplary behaviour with regard to Ethics and project “code of conduct” policy
• To participate to meetings with partners, authorities and other stakeholders as required
• To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be required by the position.
Context and environment
• The EACOP project includes a 1445km 24in oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities, a green field marine terminal with an export jetty and a series of 60 main line block valves and +20 trace heating stations. 150km of feeder lines from upstream facilities will tie-in to the EACOP project. The Pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in East African region. The project overall tonnage is estimated at 500,000t of material and equipment;
• Behind the numerous technical (the longest electrically heat traced pipeline in the world), environmental and social challenges faced by the project, Government of Uganda and Government of Tanzania agreed to develop EACOP project in a fast track mode. The project is aiming at a Ready For Start-up (RFSU) schedule not later than 39 months after FID;
• The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, three partners, two involved countries new to oil development (Uganda and Tanzania), and the need for project development in accordance with IFC standards to secure the necessary financing;
• To manage and deliver the AGI, PS 6 and PRS 1 and 2 in a “Ready for Commissioning” status in conformance with construction dossier within budget, project schedule and with utmost respect for the environmental and societal aspects ensuring construction operations are planned and conducted safely. Organize and Control the performance of the AGI construction contractor.
Qualifications and experience required
• Degree: MSc (or equivalent formal qualification) in a recognized Engineering discipline
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience with at least 10 years in Oil &Gas Industry with similar large scale projects
• Ability to adapt and to represent the company in discussions, negotiations and meetings with contractors, partners and regulatory authorities
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a team ; Sound organisation ability ; Ability to work in a multi-cultural business environment ; Good interpersonal and communication skills ; Good motivational skills.
• English as mother tongue or Fluent in English (speaking and with excellent writing skill)
This job will be on Rotation basis