Community Wildlife Management Areas Consortium (CWMAC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall purpose of the role:
• Responsible for performing general Human Resources and Administration functions, playing a key role in the overall HR functions including staff recruitment, contracts preparations, staff leaves/attendance and time-sheets tracking.
• This role is geared to ensure compliance to CWMAC procedures and guidelines. The role contributes to the implementation of CWMAC strategy and systems, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Human Resources Management
1. Assist in ensuring staff compliance with CWMAC human resources polices and regulations
2. Ensure that leave, recruitment, and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
3. Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted and filed on time.
4. Assist in communicating with interview candidates and scheduling for tests and interviews.
5. Prepare employee contracts.
6. Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete, and up to date: personnel files, administration of health insurance scheme, social security,
7. Assist managers and staff on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation 8. Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation and induction.
8. Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
9. Assist in processing and tracking Staff employment contracts, job applications and other necessary recruitment documents including JDs
10. Advise on general staff issues, i.e. Training need, staffing level for National staff as well as Incentive staff.
1. Support in coordinating administrative support for visitors and partners coming to the office and/or in Dar es salaam (for those coming from outside Dar es salaam).
2. Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water, telephone, photocopier, fax, etc.) are in good working order.
3. Payment of office bills.
4. Responsible for office supplies.
5. Manage all contract arrangements with lessors and ensuring that contractual obligations are adhered to.
6. Establish and manage central mail recording system and filing system.
7. Ensure that CWMAC staff have Identification cards (ID) with the period of validity in accordance with the employment contract.
1. Assist in all required administrative and secretarial work, including typing documents/reports, filling correspondence, photocopying and supplying resource materials, drafting letters and other materials (e.g. memos) etc.
2. Maintain smooth flow of information and communication in the office receiving and channeling all correspondence to the appropriate persons internally and externally
3. Support in organizing the CWMAC meetings- on weekly basis and other meetings including monthly staff meetings as scheduled and prepare related minutes.
4. Support the reception team in ensuring that visitors are received with courtesy interviewed and is directed accordingly. Ensure that the reception team Controls Telephone and channels to appropriate offices and prepare telephone and fax bills on monthly basis.
1. Ensure quality management of assets and other items procured including stationery and office equipment.
2. Responsible for necessary repairs & maintenance in a timely manner in coordination with the logistics staff.
3. Support in ensuring that all staff have adequate and habitable office space and identify industrial hazards within the working space
4. Support in making bookings for meetings for both programs and operations teams as requested and ensure participant’s lists are generated prior to the execution of the activity
5. Track all PRs received from programs, and make follow up accordingly
1. Education: Bachelor degree or advanced diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources management or related field or equivalent qualification.
2. Experience: Proven three years’ experience in administration related duties or human resources duties.
3. Communication: A good command of English and Kiswahili languages. Skills on other international languages is an added advantage.
GENERAL COMPETENCIES TO ALL POSITIONS
1. Strong analytical skills including analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data
2. Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
3. Good computer applications skills.
4. Good organisational and time management skills required to meet deadlines.
5. Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
6. Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
7. Ability to work in diversified environments and culture.
8. Willing to travel extensively outside work station.
CWMAC is an equal opportunity employer which has zero tolerance on gender biases, discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labor laws of Tanzania.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, three (3) referees, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 23:59hrs on Friday, 6th January 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include the Job tittle applied. All applications must go through email indicated below. Physical submission of the applications is strictly prohibited. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Applications must be addressed to: –
Chief Executive Officer
Community Wildlife Management Areas Consortium
P.O. BOX 13685
DAR ES SALAAM