Deadline of this Job:
03 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Social science, or related field with at least three years of administration support experience in a busy office environment preferably with an international NGO.
• Hands- on experience with MS Office Suite (particularly MS World and MS Excel).
• Solid time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing administration and logistics support, including the booking of accommodations and venues for meetings and workshops, air ticketing, preparing and organizing meetings, and ensuring the availability of workshop materials for project staff
• Assist in making sure that the office is well managed and maintained by taking care of preventive maintenance tasks like calling for repairs and keeping track of office inventory.
• Maintain office supplies by checking stock to see how much is on hand, figuring out what supplies will be needed, placing and speeding up orders for supplies, making sure they arrive, and following store management procedures.
• Supervision of the office driver, cleaner, and general office cleanliness.
• Assist to ensure enforcement of vehicle and equipment policies and procedures.
• Working with the administration team, make sure that internal operations policies and procedures are followed and done on time so that vendors, such as office utility bills, garages, accommodations, etc., can be paid on time.
• Assist in making and keeping vehicle and equipment logs, making sure they are complete and up-to-date, and giving them to the supervisor as part of monthly report reconciliations.
• Assist in overseeing and directing administrative and logistical operations at the office. This is to make sure that all administrative and logistical policies are followed and that everyone in the office is safe and secure.
• Maintains the register of incoming mail and the dispatch registration book. Receives mail and packages and distributes them among staff members.
• Performs any other duties that the supervisor may assign.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 3, 2023. Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.