Admin/Finance Assistants at International Organization for Migration
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Position title Admin/Finance Assistant (1 Position)
Position grade G-5
Duty station Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Durations 6 Months with possibility of extension
Position number N/A
Job family Support Unit
Organizational unit Resource Management Unit
Is this a Regional, HQ, MAC, PAC, Liaison Office or Country Office based position? Country Office
Reports directly to Resource Management Officer – in Dar es Salaam
Number of Direct Reports 0
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO), the Admin/Finance Assistant is responsible for providing daily financial and administrative assistance, in particular.
he/she will be responsible for:
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Verify invoices and documents submitted by suppliers and service providers.
2. Ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers.
3. After obtaining appropriate approvals, effect payments to suppliers and staff members.
4. Ensure all payments are paid in a timely manner.
5. Responsible for the preparation of monthly accounting reports and the attachments of supporting documents for the review and certification by RMO.
6. Reconcile on a monthly basis all pending vendor accounts.
7. Ensure that the bank reconciliation of the various bank accounts and IOM accounts and databases is done in timely accurately.
8. According to the projectization process of IOM, distribute the office costs and verify staff.
9. Ensure files of all financial instructions/guidelines issued are maintained and appropriate internal controls are in place.
10. Assist with the maintenance of an effective banking system including preparing a monthly bank reconciliation.
11. Maintain a filing system for vouchers and all other financial documentation.
12. Maintain the petty cash account of the Dar es salaam Office in the absence of Finance Assistant.
13. Provide Daily Assistance to supervisor in ensuring proper internal controls of finance are in place.
14. Liaise with IOM Tanzania staff in the Sub Office and main offices in daily execution of the payments and increasing of efficiency of program implementation.
15. Coordinate all accounting issues with other colleagues in the Finance Dept.
16. Prepare monthly funding requests for the office.
17. Bring to the attention of the RMO any relevant financial and budgetary issues.
18. Suggest improvements to internal controls and streamlining/efficiencies.
19. Provide guidance and training to new junior staff.
20. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Holder of a Secondary School Diploma, with 5 years’ working experience in accounting and finance;
• University degree in accounting, finance, or related field with 3 years of relevant professional experience in similar field
• Previous work experience with an international organization and NGOs dealing with refugees would be a strong advantage.
• Time Management and planning for accounting cycles.
• Able to set up internal record tracking.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
• Excellent level of computer literacy word, excel and internet and good knowledge of SAP is an advantage.
(Specify the required knowledge) Desirable
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required (oral and written).
Working knowledge of Arabic, French and/or Spanish is advantage.
• Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results; produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership of achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
The UN system in Tanzania provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, diversity, integrity, a healthy balance of work and life and equal opportunities for all, including persons with disability.
Female candidates and qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for UN vacancies and are protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process
(application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The vacancy is open for both internal and external Tanzanian nationals only. Only e-mail applications will be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 February 2023.