Deadline of this Job:
03 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 27, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pursuant to its mission, ACDI/VOCA is seeking an experienced and talented professional for the Accounting Assistant position. The position is based in Dar es Salaam and responsible for processing financial documents, assist in maintaining financial records and reporting, and helping to strengthen financial controls and systems to ensure greater operational efficiency and effectiveness. Assists with day-to-day administrative issues, responding to all ACDI/VOCA departments’ related requests.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Processing financial documents.
a. Receives and processes all field office travel advances, payments to vendors, and employee expense reports on time, and makes sure that evidence of spending meets ACDI/VOCA standards.
b. Make sure all supporting documents are attached and follow the policies and procedures of USAID and ACDI VOCA.
c. Make sure that full disbursement voucher packs are scanned, physically filed, and uploaded to SharePoint every day and every week.
d. Ensure that all disbursement vouchers are properly discharged.
e. Ensure that vendors are paid in a timely manner.
2. Maintaining financial records and reporting.
a. Ensure proper documentation and record-keeping for all transactions.
b. Keeps a file system for all financial documents so that they are easy to find at any time.
c. Ensure that vendors confirm and acknowledge payments and submit EFD receipts.
3. Complies with ACDI/VOCA Financial and Administrative policies regarding financial activities.
a. Assist in maintaining an effective internal control system to ensure the prevention and detection of fraud and errors.
b. Supports internal and external audits.
c. Assisting in the training of administration staff with ACDI/VOCA accounting procedures, such as petty cash management, including occasional field visits to regional offices.
5. Performs any other duties that the supervisor may assign.
• Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting/Finance from a recognized higher learning institution.
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in Accounting or Financial Control with USAID Funded projects.
• Knowledge of an accounting package such as QuickBooks will be added advantage.
• Proven ability to effectively use spreadsheets, word processing and MS Outlook.
• Ability to exercise appropriate judgment and tact while protecting confidential information.
• Excellent interpersonal skills as necessary to work effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
• Accuracy, attention to detail.
• Ability to speak and write fluently in English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 3, 2023. Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Only fully qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.