Community Wildlife Management Areas Consortium (CWMAC)
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Provide monthly project financial status reports to the management team whenever needed
2. Comply with all organizational, donors and national accounting and financial policies and regulations.
3. Support WMAs compliance, transparency and control of finances through regular trainings and in-house coaching
4. Keep records of accounts and transactions through both electronic and paper systems
5. Develop and maintain asset registers for all project assets and ensure timely maintenance of the same
6. Compile, analyse, and reporting financial data.
7. Creating periodic reports, such as balance sheets, income and expenditure, etc.
8. Present data to managers, donors, and other entities.
9. Maintain accurate financial records.
10. Perform bank reconciliations and resolve fiscal discrepancies.
11. Compute taxes associated with payments issued by the Organization.
12. Keep informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
13. Assist management in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts.
14. Perform any other duty as may be assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
2. Having at least five years of experience in accounting field
3. Attained certification in Accounts by national certification authorities (NBAA)
4. Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills.
5. Ethical behavior.
6. Conversant with standard financial management software and systems
7. Experience in donors’ accounting procedures (Preferably EU, USAID)
8. Attention to detail
Skills and Competencies
1. Computer skills, especially on how to efficiently use M.S Office applications e.g., MS Word, Excel, Power-point, Publisher
2. Have a high level of integrity.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and should be able to communicate with projects leaders and donor.
4. A team player.
5. Customer services oriented.
6. Efficient communication skills, e.g., proper speaking and writing in English and Swahili languages.
GENERAL COMPETENCIES TO ALL POSITIONS
1. Strong analytical skills including analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data
2. Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
3. Good computer applications skills.
4. Good organisational and time management skills required to meet deadlines.
5. Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
6. Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
7. Ability to work in diversified environments and culture.
8. Willing to travel extensively outside work station.
CWMAC is an equal opportunity employer which has zero tolerance on gender biases, discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labor laws of Tanzania.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, three (3) referees, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 23:59hrs on Friday, 6th January 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include the Job tittle applied. All applications must go through email indicated below. Physical submission of the applications is strictly prohibited. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Applications must be addressed to: –
Chief Executive Officer
Community Wildlife Management Areas Consortium
P.O. BOX 13685
DAR ES SALAAM