6 Ict Officer II (Application Programmers)
e-Government Authority (eGa)
Deadline of this Job:
28 March 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To design, code, and debugging software applications based on various deployment platforms (e.g. web, mobile, desktop etc.), operating systems, programming languages, database management systems, etc., software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis, etc.
• To assist and participate in analysis of user requirements, prototyping, development of new functionalities, maintenance of applications, integration of technological components, testing, deployment,
• To design, code and debugging web and mobile based applications in various software languages
• To analyze, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
• To test Software and quality assurance
• To support, maintain and document software functionality
• To install and configuration of appropriate application servers based on the application programs to be supported;
• To support, maintain, and preparation of technical and user documentations for various software functionalities;
• To train and support of software users for effective utilization of deployed systems;
• To assist in troubleshooting and resolving routine software application problems;
• Software modelling and simulation;
• Front end graphical user interface design/programming;
• To perform tuning, improvement, load balancing, usability and automation;
• To integrate software with existing systems;
• To evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation;
• To work closely with analysts, designers and other staff;
• To produce detailed technical specifications and software code documentation;
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Holder of Bachelor degree of Science/bachelor degree of engineering in information technology or information system or Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from a recognized institution..
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
• Technical knowledge in determining end-to-end software requirements specification and design.
• Working knowledge of various software languages [PHP (mandatory), Java (mandatory), C/C++, .NET, Python] will be added advantage.
• Practical skills on Object Oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
• Hands-on experience with development in Java/JEE environments
• Knowledge in containerization and micro services application development approaches.
• Experience in SOAP/REST/Web Services, Application Servers (Apache, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic etc.)
• Experience in Spring Framework (Spring MVC) and other similar application development frameworks.
• Hands-on experience with Jenkins, Git, Junit, etc.
• Experience/knowledge on JSON, XML, and other similar data exchange protocols.
• Sound knowledge in: Git, Grid System (Sussy Grid), Node JS, AngularJS, Gulp JS, SASS, Twitter Bootstrap, and Bower will be added advantage.
• Experience/knowledge on AngularJS and other front-end development languages and tools.
• Strong knowledge on MySQL and PostgreSQL Database Management Systems. Knowledge on MS SQL Server, Oracle and other DBMS will be added advantage.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree