4 Field Officers
Food for His Children (FFHC)
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Dodoma, Manyara , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 30, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Food for His Children (FFHC) is a Christian community development organization working to eradicate extreme poverty in rural Tanzania. We are seeking an experience social worker who can interact with the families and assist them to set SMART goals, manage different cases and regular follow up. This position will work closely with the Operation Officer, Human Resource Officer, Director of Partnership & Program Development, the US Chief Operations Officer, and the US Executive Director. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the families in the specific assigned project site. In addition, the Field Officer will work closely with the project committee, village government and church representatives with in a project site. Basically, the goal of this position is to ensure FFHC meet the need of the people that the organization is working with.
As with all of FFHC’s staff members, our hope is for the Field Officer to lead through service and example. To be a source of reminder of what Jesus teaches us in John 15:5, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit, apart from me you can do nothing.” To encourage each team member to commit to fulfilling God’s Kingdom purpose in the work that we do and the lives that we lead.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Discipleship: provide individual teaching of Discipleship for Development principles and Biblical values to help individuals grow in their relationship with Jesus and to understand who they were created to be and how their role fits with the rest of their family and community. Demonstrate Christ-like behavior in all areas of life in order to be a role model for others.
• Case management of FFHC families to disciple, encourage and equip them to become all they were created to be.
• Prepare monitoring schedule for families and evaluate success indicators, and assist families with setting goals and steps to attain them, provide hands on assistance when appropriate.
• Meet regularly with families to evaluate and monitor progress of stated goals; progress towards 15 Points of a Healthy Home; goat care and farming practices, family food security and assist with problem solving where needed.
• Coach families in processing how to determine and address the challenges to attaining their goals and provide additional assistance as needed, and weekly write a story about a participant to show their challenges, successes and about their life.
• Document all contacts with participants in appropriate files and enter family information in the database, make this information accessible to US FFHC for marketing/donor relation purposes, and attend meetings with the project sites to discuss successes and challenges and means to overcome the challenges.
• Desire to live and lead like Jesus, or Alignment with Food for His Children’s core values and beliefs
• Diploma or Degree in community development or social work
• Experience working in community development, sociology/social work, pastoral care/ministry, vet or agriculture field with preference given to those with 1 year or more in same position in one of the above fields or related field.
• Minimum three years of experience in social work or relevant role
• Deep understanding of public relations and community interaction, Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), time management and experience working with different cultures
• Proficient with computers and MS Office, and experience with software platforms like MS Office and Google docs
• High attention to detail and a critical thinker with excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and execute tasks and to manage multiple, high priority tasks
• Self-motivated, self-starter and have the desire and ability to successfully work independently and as a part of a team
• Strong service and work ethic, ability to meet deadlines, and the ability to contribute to the overall quality and direction of the ministry
• Valid driver’s license for motorcycles required
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested and meet these qualifications, please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae with contact phone numbers, names and contact information of three referees as well as a copy of a valid driving license to email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 20th February, 2023.Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.