21 Lab Technicians
Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
10 February 2023
Within Tanzania , Several Zones , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Geita Region Council; Bukombe, Nyang’hwale, Mbogwe, Geita DC, Geita TC, Chato DC together with Geita Regional Referral Hospitals invite suitable candidates to apply for the following posts;
Job Title: Lab Technician (21 Post)
Location: Mbogwe DC, Bukombe DC, Chato DC, Geita TC, GRRH, Geita DC.
Reports to: Facility in-charge
The Lab Technician is responsible for ensuring that MDH supported and non-supported health facilities meets national standard for related medicines and commodity supply chain management in council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide strategic, technical and operational support to the day-to-day Logistic activities and capable of identifying potential breakdown in 3 logistics systems and taking corrective actions to avoid service interruption.
2. Ensure uninterrupted Lab supply of commodities, by coaching and providing Mentorship to health facility staff on Lab & TB commodities management practices, record keeping, reporting and ordering (R&R) so that consistent availability of Laboratory Reagents and supplies at health facility level are in place
3. Providing TA to districts teams to ensure MDH supported and non-supported sites/districts meet national standards
4. Facilitate trainings on good practice in health commodities Logistics systems
5. No stock out of Lab and HIV/AIDS commodities is reported to HFs in collaboration with DLT Lab manager by
6. Reviewing all R&R sent through eLIMS, reviewing annual forecasting and budgeting of needs in HIV/AIDS non-HIV/AIDS commodities including lab commodities during CCHP’s
7. All HIV related commodities including lab reagent and consumables are adequately stocked at HFs and assist in redistribution of products when necessary
8. Providing technical assistance to HFs in collaboration with DLTs in forecasting and ordering of Lab commodities from the MSD
9. Keep track of commodity flow from MSD store and facilities and continuously update
10. Provide TA to districts/sites to maintain the inventory of laboratory commodities and reagents that are present at both storage facilities and all MDH supported site Labs
11. Conduct quarterly logistics data quality assessments (LDQA’s) at least 10 sites per district to ensure that all supplies including medicines and laboratory reagents reach intended beneficiaries.
12. Facilitate preparation of quarterly, semiannually and annually narrative reports to be submitted to key stakeholders
13. Follow up collection of monthly information about the stock at all MDH supported sites/districts, and share with respective key stakeholders
14. Actively perform supportive supervisions to MDH supported and non-supported HF’s in the region and use these supervisions to strengthen their capacity on issues related to supply chain management.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. A Minimum of form four education, with certificate diploma advance Diploma and degree in medical laboratory or related field with computer basic skills from a recognized institution.
2. Registered/ licensed with relevant professional board
3. A minimum of Six (6) Months and above working experience in HIV program, preferably in a similar position will be highly considered.
4. Volunteers working in Health Facilities at Geita Region are highly encouraged to apply
5. Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
6. Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage.
7. Highest level of integrity.
8. Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
9. Excellent communication (both verbal and written).
10. Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 6
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email and the name of the health facility that volunteers at.
Applications should be submitted by 10th February, 2023 to the Human Resources officer, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested candidates.