2 Information And Technology Experts
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
Deadline of this Job:
18 January 2023
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Position: Information and Technology Expert (2 Posts)
The post holder will be reporting to the Research Manager
The Information and communication expert will be tasked with troubleshooting participants’ phones to facilitate the installation of a parenting digital intervention and training researchers with the aim of ensuring that all researchers are equipped with key digital skills and are able to troubleshoot issues to facilitate the installation of the parent application and to sustain its functioning on the phone.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To troubleshoot problems affecting the installation of the parent app on the study participant’s phone;
• To provide participants with instructions on how to operate their phones;
• To maintain rapport with participants by examining complaints regarding phones and identifying solutions;
• To document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records;
• To install the parent app to demonstrate the successful performance of the app as per the participants’ expectations;
• To fix the problems arising after installing the app;
• To communicate with the app developers to troubleshoot issues related to the performance of the parenting app; and
• To perform any other related duty assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and competences:
1. Holder of a Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
2. At least one year of work experience in developing mobile applications, configuring devices and managing mobile applications.
Terms of service:
• One (1) year contract which may be renewed on annually based on performance and mutual agreement.
• The successful candidate will be based at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
• A competitive salary will be offered as per project budget
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• The application letter should be written in English.
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with a reliable contact.
• Applicants must attach relevant certified copies of academic certificates, including forms four and six.
• Application letters should be attached with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre,
Mwanza. Or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org