2 Fleet Management System Technician at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
2 Fleet Management System Technician
Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Friday, April 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of the Role is to achieve an effective and reliable performance of Fleet Management System’s hardware and Software by maximizing network coverage, functionality of Fatigue management tools embedded within FMS for all Mining Operation in real-time production and Safety activities. The integrity of the database and operating systems is critical in driving real-time production and safety gains. A healthy Fleet Management System creates real-time opportunities to avert production loss, wrong recording of haul cycle time components resulting in a high data integrity
• Diploma/Degree in Electronics/Tele communication/ ICT.
• GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
• A minimum of 2 years working in Open Pit Mining Environment
• Basic computer skills, CISCO knowledge and Microsoft packages.
• Strong communication skills (English and Swahili).
• Self-motivated and be able to work under pressure.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Conduct Daily Inspections on hardware kits installed in Production equipment so that pro-active maintenance can either be conducted or scheduled.
• Perform an audit on System functionalities i.e., software configurations on Field computers and Access-points.
• Conduct reinstallation as per Original Equipment Manufacturer Standards (OEM) whenever required.
• Resolve defects with minimum Troubleshooting time to mitigate impairment of data integrity.
• Perform scheduled audit on the quality of wireless Network coverage on pit Operation areas in order to mitigate or eliminate timeouts.
• Manage tools inventory.
• Conducting proper housekeeping in the workplace to reduce hazards and operational costs.
• Complete a spare parts inventory and generate a monthly report to the Fleet Management System Superintendent to create a purchase schedule for delivery time and inventory levels.
Well versed in Cisco, hubs, switches, and PC serves.
Knowledge on computer hardware and software
Ability to drive and hold a current Tanzanian Drivers license is an advantage
Knowledge of Safe Working Procedures & Mine Operations Rules
Ability to work independently
Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Fleet Management System Technician’’
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com