2 Civil Enginner
GGML – Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 14 2023
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam, East Africa
Date Posted:Friday, April 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The core aim of this role is to perform and manage crushing operations, engineering duties in planning, structural designing, drawings, construction, and maintenance of underground structures, and facilities.
• BSc. in Civil Engineering
• Registered as Professional Engineer by Engineers Registration Board (ERB)
• GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
• 4-5 years working experience as Civil Engineer especially in mining or cement industry and underground operations.
• Experience with aggregates crushing operations.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Adhere to Health, Safety & Security Policies of Geita Gold Mine and Tanzania Laws guiding construction and mining industry.
• Reads project contract, specifications, plans and other relevant documentation associated with assigned project to learn project requirements.
• Using the crusher and its support equipment produce aggregate that meets project specifications and quantities.
• Verification of survey bases for crusher stockpiles and liaising with other production departments to have smooth operations.
• Makes recommendations concerning safety, maintenance, and production improvements to crushing operation.
• Analyse technical site survey reports, maps, drawings, soil report and another data prior to project execution.
• Prepare crusher production reports on weekly basis
• Attend weekly CAF Plant operations meetings.
• Plan and design infrastructure systems and building structures, following construction and standards, using design software, and drawing tools.
• Requesting survey measurements for crushed aggregates stockpiles on weekly basis.
• Liaise with Aggregates Crusher contractors to prepare monthly performance reports.
• Project Management Skills.
• Contract management skills
• Business Acumen
• Valid Tanzania Driver’s License
• High level of computer skills especially MS Projects, MS Words, MS Excel, Auto CAD, Archi CAD, MS Power Point, Prokon, Solid work
• Good Communication Skills and Stakeholder Engagement
• Customer Orientation
• Problem solving skills
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Conflict management skills
• Outstanding Work Ethics
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking APPLY buttorn below.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Engineer 2 – Civil”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).